I guess I graduated
Don’t really have much to say. Neglected to register to walk in the ceremony. Emotion: tired–probably because I went out last night and had too many pub fries and Parmesan and garlic chips, which I fell in love with and asked to marry me.
Things I have learned from 5 years of college:
- It’s okay to feel negative emotions.
- Wanting to succeed at something does not mean that working at it is easier or more enjoyable than other pursuits.
- On evil: If you can imagine it, it has probably happened.
- On love: Don’t make it complicated.
- People are resilient.
- Much of theory and philosophy is language games.
- Everything will give you cancer.
- Transience is a good thing.
- Really intelligent sheep are still sheep.
- Happiness is not complicated and therefore not always interesting.
I am very grateful and lucky today, as I try to be everyday, but don’t always remember.
Happy graduation, everyone-who-is-graduating!
image by ~ewe-ewe